TeacherGeek Mini Wind Turbine, Pack of 10
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
Free Shipping Eligible Items
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please e-mail email@example.com for a freight quote.
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
DescriptionLooking for an engineering activity that blows all the others away? The Mini Wind Turbine gets kids engineering their own unique Turbines that harness the power of the wind and convert it into real electricity! (Don’t worry – it’s safe.) TeacherGeek makes it a breeze to modify your Turbine design: creating new blades from recycling bin materials, adjusting their size, shape, angle, and quantity. Kids can even modify their base to make their Turbines turn when the wind direction changes! All in the pursuit of the most effective Turbine design possible. Grades 3 – 12+ (different documents for different ages). Some adult assistance is helpful for 3rd-graders. TeacherGeek is not a toy; it’s way better! Kids love making real things, especially when they get to use age-appropriate tools. Kids will need a Phillips screwdriver, multimeter (for testing), tape, scissors, and a fan (for wind) to make and test their turbines.
• READY-TO-GO PACKS – just hand them out and get started: single packs + pre-divided 10-packs include printed guides and plenty of extra parts
• AMAZING EDITABLE CURRICULUM – award-winning, editable documents, videos, labs, challenges & more get kids designing, investigating, and competing in challenges
• STANDARDS ALIGNED – curriculum is teacher-designed and aligned to NGSS, CCSS, ITEEA, and state standards
• REAL ENGINEERING – kids actually design, test, redesign, and repeat; there’s no perfect design so kids are never done making
• REAL DATA – data so good kids can measure the effects of design changes, even using the data to complete optional science labs
• 10 - Pre-divided Activity Packs
• 10 - Activity Guides
• 10 - Small 1.5-3V Motors
• 10 - Small 1.5-3V Motor Mounts
• 10 - Hole Plates • 10 - 30 cm (12") Dowels
• 10 - 15 cm (6") Dowels • 10 - 5 cm (2") Dowels
• 30 - 22 cm x 5 cm (8.5" x 2") Chipboard Sheets
• 60 - Large Bamboo Project Sticks
• 10 - Mini Hub Bases (Red)
• 10 - Mini Hub Covers (Red)
• 20 - Perpendicular Blocks
• 60 - Small Bamboo Project Sticks
• 10 - #10 25 mm (1") Screws
• 10 - #10 Hex Nuts
• 10 - #6 16 mm (5/8") Mini Hub Screws