FOSS Third Edition Mixtures and Solutions Complete Kit, Grades 4 to 6, with 32 Seats Digital Access
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
Free Shipping Eligible Items
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a freight quote.
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Bridging research and practice, FOSS Third Edition Modules engage students and teachers in enduring experiences that lead to deeper understanding of science and engineering concepts, as well as the natural and designed world. The Mixtures and Solutions Module for Grades 4 to 6 introduces students to the properties and behaviors of substances and changes in substances---fundamental ideas in chemistry, the study of the structure of matter and the changes or transformations that take places within those structures.
In this Mixtures and Solutions Complete Kits with 4 hands-on investigation activities, students will: make and separate mixtures using screens, filters, and evaporation; measure solids and liquids to compare the mass of a mixture to the mass of its parts; use a balance to determine relative concentration, as well as layer solutions to determine relative density (concentration); plan and conduct saturation investigations; compare the solubility of substances in water; identify an unknown substance based on the properties of solubility and crystal form; and observe and compare reactants and products of several chemical reactions.
- Investigation Guide: this core instructional tool provides educators with the support to help students successfully facilitate the investigations
- Teacher Resources: this book guides teachers in how the elements of FOSS work and provide notebook and assessment masters
- Equipment Kit: specifically designed, durable equipment and materials in FOSS lead to successful investigations for 32 students and up to 3 class uses
- FOSS Science Resources: a book that includes student readings that connect students' firsthand experiences to informational text
- FOSS Technology: access to a one-stop online resource for eBooks, eInvestigations Guides, videos, virtual investigations and tutorials, online assessment, and much more
- Investigations Guide:
- Investigation 1: Separating Mixtures
- Investigation 2: Concentration
- Investigation 3: Reaching Saturation
- Investigation 4: Fizz Quiz
- Teacher Resources
- 32 Science Resource Books for Students
- Nonconsumable Equipment
- Consumable Materials for 2 Class Uses
- 32 Seats of Digital Access for 7 Years