Frey Scientific Phenylthiocarbamide Taste Paper, 100 Strips Per Vial, Pack of 12 Vials

Item #: 569885

Taste the 'difference' with these fun and effective genetic paper strips. About 70 percent of people will taste a bitter scent, while 30 percent will not notice a thing!

$19.99 $14.99
Sign In to See Your Price

Free Shipping Eligible: Details

School Specialty Shipping Policy

Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States

Free Shipping Eligible Items

  • Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
  • For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.

Free Shipping Ineligible Items

  • Shipping and handling charges are 12% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $5 minimum charge.

Free Shipping Ineligible Items

  • Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please call 1-877-350-0645 or E-mail freight_quote@schoolspecialty.com for a freight quote.

*Note: Individually negotiated shipping policies will override the standard shipping policy. See Full Details

In Stock - Typically Ships Within 2-3 Days
Add to Cart
Frey Scientific Human Genetic Phenylthiocarbamide Taste Paper allows you to determine genetic taste responses. Each paper strip is impregnated with phenylthiocarbamide (PTC), which detects the presence or absence of a single gene. When licking this paper, 70 percent of the population will detect a definite bitter taste, while the other 30 percent will not taste anything! Use this genetic tasting paper for studying genetic transfer of dominant and recessive genes, random segregation, or simply for fun! Each strip measures approximately 1-1/2 H x 1/4 W inches. Sold as 12 vials with 100 strips in each clear plastic vial (for a grand total of 1,200 strips).
  • Genetic strips are very easy to use as each student simply removes a strip from a plastic vial, sticks out his or her tongue, and places the strip on the tongue
  • Three basic results after tasting (bland, bitter, or vile) determines genetic presence or absence of a single gene
  • All test paper strips are made out of facility in Arizona, and each batch is quality assured
  • Total of 10 plastic vials provide easy storage, dispersion, and transportation of genetic paper strips in school or learning center
Includes:
  • 1,200 Total Genetic Taste Paper Strips (10 Strips Per Vial)
  • 12 Test Tube Vials for Storage
Attachments (  1 - 1 of 1  )