Evan-Moor Skill Sharpeners STEAM, Steam Grade 5
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
Free Shipping Eligible Items
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please e-mail email@example.com for a freight quote.
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Engage children in solving real-world problems with Skill Sharpeners: STEAM. STEAM is an approach to project-based learning that uses science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics to engage children in empathizing, thinking critically, collaborating, and coming up with solutions to solve real-world problems. Skill Sharpeners: STEAM is where creativity meets academics. Each unit includes a fun hands-on STEAM project that encourages children to enjoy the journey of creating and sharing his or her solution to help create a better world. Skill Sharpeners: STEAM activity books for grade 5 are organized around 9 real-world topics related to the environment, the Earth, people and cultures, and social and emotional learning. Topics include themes such as:
- Diversity STEAM task: Create a book about diverse people who inspire you
- Shelter in Place STEAM task: Design and make a stay-at-home kit with original activities
- Community Centers STEAM task: Create and give a presentation to persuade a town council that a community center is valuable
- Tiny Houses STEAM task: Create a pamphlet to persuade people to buy a tiny house
- Not Enough Classrooms STEAM task: Decorate a T-shirt for a fundraiser
Each unit includes a grade-appropriate story or nonfiction reading article, a STEAM task to solve, and activities that provide an integrated approach to learning:
- Science: important concepts and vocabulary related to the unit’s theme
- Technology: models about how technology is applied in the real world
- Engineering: examples of engineering solutions in the world
- Art: creative solutions through art projects
- Math: math operations to figure out solutions
Plus, each title includes a career spotlight that highlights specific careers related to the topic, supply list for each STEAM task, bonus STEAM puzzle, certificate of completion and an answer key. Skill Sharpeners: STEAM creates entertaining and fun activities that get children thinking and learning without even realizing it. Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: STEAM Teaching Guides include how to use directions for approaching STEAM education, sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities, teaching suggestions with STEAM rubric and graphic organizers, extension activities that include literature suggestions, virtual field trips, and discussion guides to deepen children’s connections and understanding.
- 1 Workbook