Healthy Kids Challenge Nutrition Education Curriculum
School Specialty is Proud to Offer the Nationally Recognized Healthy Kids Challenge Curriculum
Healthy Kids Challenge® (HKC) is a nationally recognized program created by an exemplary team of registered, licensed dietitians with many years of school, program, and community wellness experience. HKC utilizes evidence-based content and instructional strategies that are aligned with the recommendations of CDC, NIH, American Academy of Pediatrics and USDA to provide effective nutrition education materials and services to schools and youth programs.
- Is designed for grades K-8, promotes health literacy at any age, and is inclusive for all, regardless of weight, fitness level, or socio-economic group
- Aligns with health education standards and guidelines, including CDC Health Education Analysis Tool (HECAT), Academy of Nutrition Dietetics Guide for Effective Nutrition Intervention (GENIE), and USDA MyPlate
- Is written with strategies and content that support the connection of academic performance to eating and physical activity
- Is founded on effective health behavior education strategies and environmental change incorporating a "HEAR – SEE – DO" approach
HKC has received the honored:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (American Dietetic Association) Anita Owen Award for "Most Innovative Educational Program"
- Advertising Council-Community Action Network (CAN) Service Award for "Outstanding Solutions to Social Problems"
- Cooper Institute Silver Award