John Wiley Book - Child Art Therapy - 422 Pages - Includes DVD
Qualifies for free shipping.
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States:Parcel
Free shipping and handling on orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of parcel items, before any additional discounts are applied. For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the order if less than $1,000 on items depicted with a truck icon, with a $99 minimum charge.
This innovative guide has become the classic text for conducting art therapy with children. It is the superior reference for all special needs teachers and anyone who nurtures the creative process in children. Fully updated and revised edition includes a DVD that illustrates art therapy techniques in actual therapy settings. Along with the useful techniques and activities described, numerous case studies explore how art therapy works in the real world of children's experience. 422 pp., b/w illus.
- Set the conditions for creative growth, assess progress, and set goals for therapy
- Use art in individual, group, and family situations, including parent-child pairings, mothers' groups, and adolescent groups
- Work with healthy children and those with disabilities
- Guide parents through art and play
- Talk about art work and encourage art production
- Decode nonverbal messages contained in art and the art-making process
- Use scribbles, drawings, stories, poems, masks, and other methods to facilitate expression
- Understand why and how art therapy works