Delta Explore Primary Leveled Readers: Floating and Sinking Collection
Delta Explore Readers are nonfiction student books that build informational literacy skills through science content area reading and engaging photographs while promoting scientific inquiry at the primary grades.
Each Delta Explore Reader:
- Covers key standards-based science content
- Contains the same key science content, vocabulary, and photographs
- Highlights a career related to the topic
- Is available in three Lexile levels
In Delta Explore Floating and Sinking, students explore why different objects sink or float. They find out about the concept of buoyancy. They learn about matter and the physical properties of solids, liquids, and gases. Students also read about boat builders.
Table of Contents:
- Why Do Some Things Float?
- What Is Matter?
- What Sinks? What Floats?
- Why Do Boats Float?
- Boat Builders