Workout Reading concentrates on essential reading skills, with more than 25 standards-based scaffolded lessons per grade. It strengthens reading skills with fiction, nonfiction, and poetry passages, helping students master critical concepts needed to succeed on the state exam.
- The Workout series is designed to help users practice key reading skills critical for each grade level on the state assessment
- User-friendly Student Edition with fiction, nonfiction, and poetry passages provides plenty of guided and independent test practice questions per skill
- Words to Know vocabulary sections are provided in each lesson and In Your Own Words sections offer brief writing exercises
- Ask Yourself sidebars assist students with guided reading questions and help build confidence in their test-taking abilities
- Students can also expand on each skill with Write It Out extension exercises