Recipe For Reading The Alphabet Series Book, Volume 2, Set of 18 Titles
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
Free Shipping Eligible Items
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a freight quote.
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
These Volume 2 storybooks correspond to the second third of the lessons in the Recipe For Reading teacher manual (sold separately). This set reviews: consonant blends, magic e, r-controlled vowels, y as a vowel, vowel digraphs, hard-soft c and g, sight word recognition, automaticity and fluency, and beginning comprehension.
These readers are a part of the Recipe For Reading Series, a comprehensive, multisensory, phonics-based reading program that presents a skill sequence and lesson structure designed for beginning, at-risk, or struggling readers. Recommended for developmental/beginning readers in Grades K to 3 or for intervention/struggling readers in Grades 1 to 6.
- These Alphabet Series Readers provide reading practice geared to the phonogram presentation with target words, sounds, sight words, comprehension through personal writing responses, and more
- Fictional stories with black-and-white illustrations are engaging and will help students stay motivated to master text and key phonics concepts
- The Series 2 books (numbered 19 to 36) correspond to lessons in Student Workbooks 3, 4, and 5 (each sold separately) and cover syllabication, consonant blends, ng/nk endings, syllable division, the magic E, and more
- Complement this Volume 2 emergent reader series with prior Volumes 1 and following Volume 3 (each sold separately) for the full 39-book set
- 18 Assorted Books (Numbered 19 through 36)
Recipe for Reading®
- Students gain essential reading skills with an emphasis on phonological awareness, phonics, and fluency
- Builds decoding and fluency skills in context as they read engaging stories at their own skill level
- Struggling learners are better able to retain new concepts through multisensory instruction
Intervention Strategies for Struggling Readers
Recipe for Reading is a research-based, comprehensive, multisensory, phonics-based reading program that is designed for beginning readers in grades K through 3 or at-risk and struggling readers in grades 1 through 6. This systematic program incorporates visual, auditory, and kinesthetic techniques to teach and continually reinforce phonetic concepts. The Recipe for Reading curriculum is ideal for differentiated instruction in a variety of settings—inclusion, one-on-one, or whole class.
- Provides direct, multisensory instruction integrating visual, auditory, and kinesthetic modalities
- Research-based instruction supports all five essential pillars of Reading First (phonological awareness, phonics, comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency)
- Accompanying storybooks contain controlled vocabulary and follow the Recipe for Reading sequence, allowing students to apply phonics skills in context
- Teacher’s manual provides detailed lessons for every phonetic skill in a carefully structured scope and sequence
For More Information
- Contact a sales consultant for more information on how you can best utilize this program in your school or district. Our sales consultants are your resource for product presentations, workshops, and product review samples.