Making Connections Grade 5 Full Collection
Making Connections is a direct, systematic, and highly interactive reading comprehension program that teaches students strategies to build their text analysis and comprehension skills. This flexible program employs a scaffolded instructional plan that supports students by modeling, guiding, and then coaching students to reading independence. Fiction and nonfiction texts are tied to content-area topics to prepare students to analyze and interpret diverse materials across content-areas. Full program designed for Grades 1 to 6.
- High-interest informational and narrative reading selections are designed for active, strategic reading and identification of specific comprehension skills
- Every Student Book provides a blend of engaging fiction and nonfiction text with purpose-setting questions, graphic organizers, a writing activity, and more
- Explicit instructional plans provide scaffolded instruction with point-of-use teacher strategies and techniques, as well as reproducible assessments
- One Comprehension Library book culminates each unit, allowing students to apply newly developed comprehension skills and strategies to longer texts
- Accelerated Reader online quizzes are available to help keep track of individualized reading progress