Making Connections Comprehension Library Sets Collection
Making Connections is a direct, systematic, and highly interactive reading comprehension program that teaches students strategies to build their text analysis and comprehension skills. This flexible program employs a scaffolded instructional plan that supports students by modeling, guiding, and then coaching students to reading independence. Fiction and nonfiction texts are tied to content-area topics to prepare students to analyze and interpret diverse materials across content-areas. Full program designed for Grades 1 to 6.
- Making Connections Comprehension Library readers prepare students to analyze and interpret diverse fiction and nonfiction titles
- One reader title culminates each unit so students apply the newly learned skill to a full-length text to further practice and reinforce the literacy skill
- Readers include a purpose-setting question, a graphic organizer, follow-up comprehension questions, and a writing activity
- Cross-curricular content areas include social studies, geography, science, technology, literature, and physical and health education
- Accelerated Reader quizzes are available to help keep track of independent reading process