Hummingbird Bit Base Kit With Micro:Bit
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
Free Shipping Eligible Items
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please e-mail email@example.com for a freight quote.
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
DescriptionInspire deep and joyful learning with the micro:bit-powered Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kit! The Hummingbird Robotics Kit is comprised of lights, sensors, and motors which allow students to build a robot out of any materials. The power of Hummingbird is in its flexibility - the same reusable kit can animate a poem, model the human arm, build an autonomous rover, or create a pinball machine. Hummingbird epitomizes a low-floor, high-ceiling approach: absolute beginners can build & program a robot in minutes, but continue learning advanced engineering & programming for years. Please note that the Hummingbird Bit uses micro:bit as its processor; you must have a micro:bit in order to operate the robot.
- Free classroom-tested and standards-aligned learning materials, such as programming tutorials, lesson plans, and printable student activities
- Out-of-the-box compatibility with computers, Chromebooks, and tablets
- Free software that is tested to work with school IT environments
- Support for block-based and text-based programming environments, including MakeCode, Python, and Java
- Electrically protected connectors that allow students to easily add multiple motors, sensors, and LEDs without risk of harm due to incorrect connections
- Free online professional development, including classroom curriculum integration planning
- Classroom-ready packaging, including sturdy cases, sorting compartments, and stackable containers
- Products that have been created and validated by National Science Foundation-funded research at Carnegie Mellon University and tested in classrooms with teachers and students
The Base Kit model includes reusable parts for 1 robot:
- 1 - Bit Controller (Robot brain)
- 1 - Terminal Tool
- 1 - Battery Pack (4x AA)
- 1 - Green LED
- 1 - Red LED
- 1 - Yellow LED
- 2 - Tri-color LED
- 2 - FS90 Servo
- 2 - Servo Extension Cables
- 1 - Light Sensor
- 1 - Dial Sensor
- 1 - User Manual
- 1 - Base Kit Case
All Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kits work with the following programming languages:
- BirdBlox (block-based - available on iOS, Android, Fire OS)
- MakeCode (block-based - available on Chromebooks, Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Snap! (block-based - available on Chromebooks, Mac, Windows)
- Python (text-based - available on Chromebooks, Mac, Windows)
- Java (text-based - available on Mac, Windows)
- Swift (text-based iOS app builder - available on Mac)
- Kotlin (text-based Android app builder - available on Mac, Windows)