FOSS Pathways Structures of Life Collection
DescriptionIn Structures of Life Module, students observe, compare, categorize, and care for organisms. Students look at the interactions between organisms of the same kind, among organisms of different kinds, and between the environment and populations of organisms over time. Students focus on these crosscutting concepts—patterns; cause and effect; scale, proportion, and quantity; systems and system models; and structure and function—to develop understandings about organisms and population survival.
The components in this comprehensive collection include:
- Comprehensive hands-on investigation equipment kit
- Teacher Resources with educative support to effectively teach standards (available in print and digital editions)
- Science resources for students build expository reading skills and highlight STEM careers (available in print and digital editions) )
- Accessibility options to the interactive digital resources on the ThinkLink™ platform for effective planning and engaged learning)
- Full complement of authentic Spanish print and digital teaching and learning resources)
Why Choose FOSS Pathways?
- Flexible for today when time to teach science is limited.
- Puts students first by igniting curiosity & engaging students who learn by doing using storylines with local and relevant phenomena
- Proven at its core to meet NGSS and state standards while using research-based 3-dimensional learning practices
- Empowers educators with professional learning support and implementation customized to needs of your district, with ongoing support