Explode The Code Grades 3 and 4 Collection
Explode The Code® is a research-based, multisensory program geared to improving literacy with direct, systematic, phonics instruction. Based on the proven Orton-Gillingham approach to reading, this series with visual, auditory, and kinesthetic activities ensures students learn and build essential literacy skills such as: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, decoding, fluency, spelling, comprehension, and writing.
- Explode The Code’s classic print program includes a sequence of skills-based student books with coordinating placement tests and instructional support
- Book 3 introduces students to words that present y as a vowel, long vowels with silent e, consonant and vowel digraphs, and one-syllable words that include digraphs
- Book 4 introduces students to compound words, common word endings, syllable types, and the rules of syllabication
- Book 4 will also have students practice blending sounds to read and write multisyllabic words
- Both Books 3 and 4 feature several review lessons that include a posttest for reinforcement of literacy skills