Explode The Code Grades 1 and 2 Collection
Explode The Code® is a research-based, multisensory program geared to improving literacy with direct, systematic, phonics instruction. Based on the proven Orton-Gillingham approach to reading, this series with visual, auditory, and kinesthetic activities ensures students learn and build essential literacy skills such as: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, decoding, fluency, spelling, comprehension, and writing.
- Explode The Code’s classic print program includes a sequence of skills-based student books with coordinating placement tests and instructional support
- Book 1 introduces students to the sounds of short vowels and the practice of blending sounds to read and write consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words
- Book 2 introduces students to the sounds of initial and final consonant blends
- Book 2 will also have students practice blending sounds to read and write one-syllable words
- Both Books 1 and 2 feature several review lessons that include a posttest for reinforcement of literacy skills